Oh look, a smear campaign!

Apparently making people aware of the differences between the English and French cuts of Perversion Story, and wondering why Severin elected to include the latter on their DVD, is just one step too far some people. Generally speaking I find fans of the Euro-cult circuit to be most pleasant people, but there are a few really hateful individuals out there.

Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2007 at 3:33 PM | Comments: 5
Categories: Cinema | DVD | Gialli | Web

Comments

Well, on the Internet you will always come across trolls like this particular user. Personally I find your version comparison quite enlightening and one has to say that you did also mention that the French edit can be considered an alternate cut of the film and even recommended the disc (at least for the time being), so I don't really see any problem with it. Most people on the thread at the Anchor Bay forums seem to be of the same opinion, so I wouldn't worry too much about that single person.

Posted by: BobaFett, March 3, 2007 4:49 PM

As conspiracy theories go, weegieboi's is a tad on the tame side.

Posted by: Baron Scarpia, March 3, 2007 4:55 PM

Funny they also mention Lizard in a Woman's Skin.If it weren't for you (and some other individuals) we probably wouldn't have the rerelease in the first place.

At first I was a little mad we didn't get the "uncut" version.But then I accepted it's an alternative cut.

It makes me think of Polselli's Delirium.There are two different cuts (American and Italian) on that DVD but which is the true version?
There seems to exist an even longer French cut of that one also with even more explicit scenes.So is that one better because it's longer?
I didn't bother,bought the DVD and was happy!

I wonder if One on Top the Other (Italian cut??) will still get an Anchor Bay release as it was announced some time ago.

Keep doing what you do best Michael!
CP

Posted by: Crystal Plumage, March 3, 2007 8:57 PM

"Well, on the Internet you will always come across trolls like this particular user"
I'd like to know from whence you get that assumption Bobafett? I ain't no Troll.....as I had already replied to Michael's reply to my post....he has made his opinion clear (some of the wording in his original writings I had issue with) he voiced his opinion publicy I voiced mine simple as....free speech & opinions do not a troll make.... you want to think more before you start battering the keyboard....troll indeed I ask you!

Posted by: Weegieboi, March 4, 2007 1:14 PM

I agree that the term troll is probably too harsh, but that has only been my first reaction when I read the thread in which you used rather extreme formulations like "witch-hunt" or "laughable" and attacked Michael in an unfair way. However, partly I can understand your point of view now, as it appears that some of the phrases used in the review of "Perversion Story" can be misunderstood. As a long-time reader of this blog I am pretty certain though, that formulations like "A comprehensive catalogue of perversions" are not intended to bash Severin, but are just Michael's style of using catchy headlines for the posts on his blog. By now he has clarified these things himself anyway, so that I think all involved people should be able to put this issue to rest now.

Posted by: BobaFett, March 4, 2007 3:41 PM

Comments on this entry and all entries up to and including June 31st 2009 have been closed. The discussion continues on the new Land of Whimsy blog: