Source: AV Science Forum
Optimum Home Entertainment have unveiled the bonus materials for their upcoming HD DVD and Blu-ray releases of Guillermo Del Toro’s Pan’s Labyrinth, due out in the UK on November 19th. Impressively, especially considering that all of their HD releases so far have been bare bones, it appears that they intend to port over almost everything that was on their 2-disc standard definition DVD release.
- Director’s commentary
- Director’s prologue (35 secs)
- The Power of the Myth featurette on DVD comics (20 mins)
- El Fauno Y Las Hadas featurette (32 mins)
- The Colour & The Shape featurette (4 mins)
- Director’s notebook (20 mins)
- Storyboard video prologue (26 secs)
- Notebook video prologue (33 secs)
- Storyboard/thumbnail comparisons
- UK theatrical trailer (1 min 06)
- Picture galleries
- Guardian/NFT interview with Guillermo Del Toro (30 mins)
- Where applicable, all have English and Spanish subtitles and English Closed Captions available
As far as I can tell, the “Mercedes Lullaby”, “Guillermo Del Toro and the Green Fairy” and “The Melody Echoes the Fairy Tale” featurettes are absent, as is the poster gallery, but everything else seems to be present and correct.
Obviously, these details may be incomplete or unfinalised, and we still don’t have any confirmation on the release’s technical specs, but this is shaping up to be a very good release. It’s likely to appeal to all those in need of an English-friendly HD release, regardless of whether or not they live in the UK, especially with the US distributor, New Line, currently playing sillybuggers over their HD DVD releases.
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2007 at 4:05 PM
| HD DVD
Comments on this entry and all entries up to and including June 30th 2009 have been closed. The discussion continues on the new Land of Whimsy blog: