DVD debacle

DVD DVD

I picked up a couple of DVDs on my lunch break the other day: Paul Verhoeven’s Soldier of Orange and Series 4 of Peep Show.

Again, sorry for the sluggish updates. I thought I was on the mend, but it turns out I may have been mistaken. The pains in my stomach have now gone, but I’m still getting all sorts of aches from the waist down on my left hand side, and, to make matters worse, last night, while lying fully stretched out in bed, I could literally feel the circulation in my left leg being cut off and the entire limb going to sleep. I was only able to get the circulation going again by bending it at a 90 degree angle - so, as you can probably imagine, I didn’t sleep particularly well last night. Oh, and I’m feeling absolutely rotten again today (nausea and stomach cramps), so I suspect I’m going to try to get another appointment with the doctor tomorrow.

Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 4:28 PM | Comments: 5
Categories: Cinema | DVD | General | TV

Comments

Good luck with your health,Michael.

Posted by: Crystal Plumage, November 11, 2007 9:23 PM

I'll chime in with the same, and add to please let us know what's up with the leg thing, as I have some numbness in my left leg myself from time to time, and no heath insurance to investigate it if it should become as acute as yours!

I know, such bald self-interest!

In all seriousness, I hope you're seeing the back of your problem in no time.

-Jeff

Posted by: Jeffrey Rydell, November 12, 2007 12:21 AM

Tartan's DVD of Soldier of Orange is missing about 44 seconds of the scene immediately following the intermission.

Posted by: , November 12, 2007 8:31 AM

Thanks for the well-wishes, guys.

Jeff, I was at the GP again today, seeing a different doctor, and, after giving me a pretty thorough examination, he admitted that he was absolutely stumped as to what could be wrong with me, and said it would probably be best to refer me for an ultrasound plus X-rays. I’m slightly relieved now, as that’s two GPs now who clearly don’t think that the problems I’m describing are life-threatening or anything like that! Of course, that doesn’t make them any fun, but I do wonder to what extent these symptoms are being exacerbated by anxiety.

Posted by: Whiggles, November 13, 2007 5:41 PM

Anxiety? Never woid da woid!

Oof.