Bay curls out another

Film

Michael Bay preps Rosemary’s Baby remake

Seriously, Bay, fuck you. Just fuck you. Fuck your desecration of the classics. Fuck your Platinum Dunes “re-imaginings”. Fuck your shit-eating grin. But, most of all, fuck you.

Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 at 9:20 PM | Comments: 16
Categories: Cinema

Comments

Can I join in?

FUCK YOU, MICHAEL BAY.

That was cathartic. I feel better already.

Posted by: Echidna, March 12, 2008 10:57 PM

oh what a corporate schill hope manson breaks out and f's him in the A'

wow even im shocked!

Posted by: f him, March 12, 2008 11:26 PM

Great to see so much love in here!
Ahahahhaha

Why cant he just spend his time destroying the TRANSFORMERS... no he has to touch every damn horror classic!
FUCK YOU BAY!

Posted by: ARCVILE, March 13, 2008 1:20 AM

Seriously, who gives a fuck if anyone remakes anything? Like Stephen King says, "you can't ruin the original, it's still right there on the shelf." It can really only make the first version look better anyway if the remake blows.

Posted by: tw, March 13, 2008 3:13 AM

Yes, but now I am going to have to say "I love Rosemary's Bay, the original one." I am going to have to put (1968) in every time I write the original's title. I am going to thePolanski version by name years to come and have people stare at me in confusion: How can I possibly like this 2009 film which climaxed with Jessica Alba battling a CGI baby-creature and triumphing over the forces of evil? I have to clarify I am talking about the original. I am going to have to read countless IMDb message board users saying how much better this new version is, how remakes are like "fixing an old car," while Michael Bay grins.

Say what you want about the "Suspiria" remake, just the thought that it probably won't be successful and that it won't be produced by Michael Bay is a delight.

Posted by: Marcus, March 13, 2008 7:45 AM

Now don't shout...but I actually thought the 2 Texas Chainsaw Massacre films he rolled out were pretty damn good! Rosemary's Baby on the other hand...I'm not so sure...even if I am already seeing Charlize Theron in the pic, ala The Devil's Advocate.

Believe me, there are worse directors / producers around than Bay...and at least Chainsaw didn't have car chases in it. lol

Posted by: CraigTheRave, March 13, 2008 8:34 PM

"...even if I am already seeing Charlize Theron in the pic, ala The Devil's Advocate"

Or THE ASTRONAUT'S WIFE.

-Jeff

Posted by: Jeffrey Allen Rydell, March 14, 2008 1:45 AM

Wasn't The Astronaut's Wife already a remake of Rosemary's Baby?

I thought the 2003 remake of TCM was pretty terrible (better than the sequels, but that's not saying much).

Posted by: Marcus, March 14, 2008 4:44 AM

Wasn't The Astronaut's Wife already a remake of Rosemary's Baby?

Posted by: Marcus, March 14, 2008 4:44 AM

Wasn't The Astronaut's Wife already a remake of Rosemary's Baby?

Posted by: Marcus, March 14, 2008 4:44 AM

Do you have a stutter Marcus, or are you just an idiot?

Posted by: rebel_scum, March 15, 2008 1:24 PM

An idiot. I had to enter the message three times because it kept directing me to a "cannot find this page" entry, and I don't have the power to erase them.

Posted by: Marcus, March 15, 2008 6:10 PM

Posted by: Chris B, March 15, 2008 9:50 PM

Do you have a stutter Marcus, or are you just an idiot?

Do you have something stuck up your ass, rebel_scum, or are you just a jerk?

Posted by: Whiggles, March 15, 2008 11:18 PM

Wow, I seriously cannot believe this. One of the greatest excercises in tension and suspense put on celluloid. This is outright blasphemy. What is this world coming to?

Posted by: aw, March 15, 2008 11:54 PM

Quote:Do you have something stuck up your ass, rebel_scum, or are you just a jerk?

I'm a jerk. Sorry for the confusion. No offence intended to old Marcus there. Where's the smilies when you need them...

By the way Michael, my EP-30 works a treat...Ho, ho!!

Posted by: rebel_scum, March 18, 2008 8:31 PM