Just arrived…

Blu-ray

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: The Criterion Collection (BD, Criterion, Region A, USA)

Posted: Friday, May 08, 2009 at 1:18 PM | Comments: 5
Categories: Blu-ray | Cinema

Comments

I'm turning green with envy :)

Posted by: Count Fosco, May 9, 2009 10:34 AM

Very interested to read what you have to say about this one, video-wise.
It's been getting showered with praise by the name sites (blu-ray.com, dvdbeaver.com) and I thought it looked and sounded quite excellent, but I'm not as critical as you.

When I saw this film in the theater, I walked out feeling a little empty - as if I'd been entertained, but nothing more.
After watching the film again on BD and the 3 hour documentary on the film, I've grown to love it and really appreciate the time and attention to detail that went into it.

Fincher is always interesting.

Posted by: Daniel Sardella, May 9, 2009 4:16 PM

All Fincher movies are made with attention to detail, though. The film itself would have been great if it had a good script, but Eric Roth just ripped off his Forrest Gump script. Really, really lazy. The technical aspects, direction and acting are faultless, though.

And what I saw of the captures on DVDBeaver were really impressive.

Posted by: Tyler, May 9, 2009 5:43 PM

I watched just a few minutes of this. The quality of the transfer seemed quite nice. However, I find the movie to be pretty ugly.

Posted by: josh, May 9, 2009 9:32 PM

"The BD looked better than what I saw in theaters, but I still find this to just be one ugly looking movie."

Not a fan of films shot on HD? I don't think Finch has ever filmed an "ugly" film, save the intentional and obvious stuff such as moments in SE7EN.

Posted by: Erik, May 10, 2009 3:50 AM